Birthday Letter to A




Dear A,

First of all, let me tell you that I miss you so much. Life has been good to me so far. I went home this spring break after 1,5 year living abroad. I finally slept on my bed again and guess what? Mama put your favorite duvet on my bed that I couldn't get your smell off, and I think I will never.

A,
I'm wondering how you would spend your birthday. I'm wondering you would get many surprises from your friends, your girlfriend and how you would reply those birthday greetings super-nicely. Well you taught me how to be nice to all people, even to those we've just met. You're a super nice-friendly guy and I'm your stubborn-bossy sister.

Anyway,
I think God gave his best shot when he made you and me. We were always together, every time, in every fight, that I HAD to be the winner, not because I was always right but because I was too bossy I didn't want to lose and you were a gentle little man.

To remind you, here are the things I will never forget about you, about us:

1. Remember when we had a big fight when mama and papa weren't at home? We fought for a toy and I ended up punching you on the cheek defending myself over the damn toy. You cried and I knew it was painful. But when mama came home and asked you, you said it was because you hit the door accidentally and until now I guess mama doesn't know it was totally my fault. I know, I was evil.

2. I don't know why you loved monkey so much. When we were kids, I used to be your "monkey" to cheer you up whenever you cried which is now I think it was miserable (yes, your sister being a monkey).

3. We loved karaoke! We loved pretending to be superstars with our "microphone" which was actually just a baby powder bottle.

4. Then there was this time when I was a teenager starting to love boybands and you were still a small kid. I put away our children-songs cassettes and dominated the music player that made you mad at me. Then papa bought me a walkman so I can listen to Backstreet Boys and Westlife. I know, cheesy.

5. For one phase in life, I realized that you started to grow to be a good-looking boy. You're way taller than me and seriously I don't understand why you had that long-beautiful eyelashes that made your eyes even more wonderful. And if you were still here, I think I would be your super-rude judge to choose who deserves to be your girlfriend (believe me, I know girls' stuffs).

And now we've been apart for 2,5 years. You know I was so scared at first, many questions came across as it was my first big loss. I thought I would never survive without you, living the life alone. But then I learned that everyone of us will eventually lose something precious to us and that's just about time. I survived and everything is going well here.

I've been living in Germany for almost 2 years now. I traveled a lot to more than 20 countries, checking off my bucket list (and I still have many), I got paid internship this year which was more than enough for my savings, I got a recommendation and this turns out to be my next stop after graduation. I'm almost at the end of my master's program and will hopefully get my master's degree by the beginning of next year. Well of course there were difficult times I had to deal with but that's how life works, right?

Finally, happy birthday to you, my other half, my first boyfriend. May your day be filled with joy and happiness there. You're still, and forever will be my source of happiness, my reason to do everything that will make you proud of me.


Happy birthday, Aldo.
I love you.


Your sister.



P.S. 
I know your birthday is on 30th but as I won't be around on that day, I decided to write this letter now. How long does it take for this letter to be delivered to heaven?


No comments: