August: Life Updates

I received a facebook message yesterday from a friend whom I met in Oslo last year, she asked me whether I'll be available or not in August as she has made plan to visit Munich. That's actually the time when I realized that August was just few hours away.

And now it's August already. 
I remember last year, around this time, I was in the Netherlands visiting my bestfriend while she was struggling with her master's thesis. Two days later, I received an internship offer from E.ON and the rest of the story was, of course, full of preparation as I had to move in to the new city, to start my role in the company and even to travel to some places for training.

And now, it's nearly the end of my master's program. Well, I still have classes in the next semester to compensate my semester leave that I took to do my internship in Essen (Yes, I lost one semester, but really, I'll never regret my decision :p) and last but not least, there's a master's thesis I have to finish by the beginning of next year, so here it comes the most crucial slash sleepless nights slash mental breakdown period. Fyi, the focus of my thesis would be the sustainability and energy scenario, I don't have the title yet at the moment. It's kinda cross-disciplinary work in which I have to be knowledgeable enough in resource economics. The proposal to the chair in business management is still on its way so wish me luck!

Ben & Jerry's keeps my thesis time sane

Well, surprisingly I've been receiving some shocking news this whole summer; bestfriend's breakup, choice to calling off the half-prepared wedding, and a sudden departure to go back home for good, plus two of my good friends are going back to their home countries in September that I don't have idea when we're gonna meet again. It's funny how you create such an emotional attachment with the place and the people inside can sadly affect you when they're leaving, make you feel that life is no more than just a series of hellos and goodbyes. One thing for sure, I will be forever grateful to have such beautiful minded people God had sent to me during my time here and my heart will be forever with them wherever they are.

Of course there are also some exciting news; two friends of mine got the new jobs, my family and some friends will be visiting me here in autumn, a blogging and traveling-related project (yes!), Star Wars is coming soon as a Christmas present (haha), my cousin is getting married and her soon-to-be  husband asked me to write a story about her (turns out both of them are my silent reader), and of course, some personal excitement :)

Last Lebaran with the Snail in the Netherlands. I know, doesn't look like Lebaran at all

Good friends and a summer well spent


In the name of academic reason, I have to hold my wanderlust back for a while and focus on the mighty master's thesis but for sure I have some plans in mind where to spend my last mega-holiday to end my master's journey here before starting a new chapter of life. Let's see.

And I guess more happy things are waiting for me back home, no?



F





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha gotcha! Ternyata si kentut ngubungin elo yah. Anyway, semangat sayangku utk tesisnya! You've been my role model since we were kids! Cepet lulus,cepet pulang, banyak yg nungguin tuh di Indo #eaa