A Letter: Ramadhan

Ramadhan has always been special to me. I remember last year, I spent the the holy month for the first time without my other half. Tough, but it was still wonderful. I remember last year, just few days before Eid, I got a letter from Germany, it was the time when I couldn't help my tears, another dream came true. Alhamdulillah.

It may sound cheesy for some of you, but I couldn't help myself for not being blue when Ramadhan's coming. For us here, Ramadhan means home and home means heart and when it comes to the heart, a strongest human being could be more vulnerable than ever. Not to complain about our 18-hours-of-fasting-because-of-this-summer-time, but more about the precious time we missed. The family, foods, friends, togetherness, the state of being closer to other people, everything. 

I was once saying to my friend that, living abroad isn't for everyone, it takes a special person to do so. It does, I would never have discovered a better version of myself otherwise, if I didn't take the chance, 10 months ago. 10 months? yes, its been 10 months since the last time I checked in from "Jakarta" in Path (hahaha). I really, I have to say that time flies in perfect manner. Ten months with happiness, laughs, joy, curiosity, anxiety, losing grip, traveling times, gloomy days, sleepless nights, silly things, and of course, love. I still need more to complete it all.

But the thing about Ramadhan is, I could never replace it with anything else. For the first time I would say, I really wish I was there. I really wish.

Love,


No comments: