Di Hyang // Dieng (Abode of The Gods)

There was no definite reason of why I came here. The thought of standing 2000 meters above sea level  in the highest village in Java was enough. So that day, I and some of my college friends took our working day off. Its kinda difficult for us to make our trip together since all of us are busy with our daily activities. We trapped in the office, meetings, business, work our asses off on site, etc, etc. So I decided to take a little trip, in a narrow time and Dieng is just the right option.

We rode our way to Wonosobo, the nearest town from Dieng. It takes 12 hours driving (we got almost 14 hours due to the long weekend's traffic jam, unfortunately) from Jakarta to Wonosobo through the track of North Java Sea. We reached Wonosobo the next morning. Quiet and clean town, that was the first thing that came out from my mind. A cold breeze greeted us as we entered Dieng. My eyes jerked up as the view of misty hills appeared in my sight. You know that I have a crush with mountains since I don't know when. My eyes were really pampered. 

As I know, Dieng is a plateau formed by a geological activity. It made a caldera caused by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption. This place reminds me of my visit to Mt.Batur (Bali) and Mt.Bromo (East Java) few years ago. A terrific geological activity has made a very beautiful landscape for those places.



There were many spots we visited during our time in Dieng. Dieng is also a location for Hindu Temples (known as the oldest Hindu temples in Java, correct me if wrong). To be honest, I was not too impressed with the temples. It's good but not stunning. Its beautiful landscape that chiefly attracts me. Imagine the lakes, craters, farm fields, hills, mountains, all in one. A soothing escape from urban life where you can breathe as deep as you want.

The best part of my trip there was the time when we watched a golden sunrise at the top of Bukit Sikunir. Thank God the weather was good so we can see the sun clearly by the side of Mt. Sindoro and Mt.Merapi as background. A tinge of gold appeared from the dark in the huge sky, surrounded by the clouds. It was splendid I must say, being at the highest village in Java, I felt literally closer to the clouds. The view was just...breathtaking. That was not my first time seeing sunrise from the height, but I must say this one is my favorite of all (I have posted some pictures in the previous posts in this blog, see here and here ).




Once I got a proper signal after witnessing the incredible sunrise there, I wrote a line on my twitter account: 

I am sure that Indonesia is one of the most beautiful countries to catch the sunrise (and sunset too)

Catching the sunrise and watching it from the height should be included in everyone's bucket list, wherever the place, I think. Feel the closest moment you have ever been to the top of the world.

Shortly, it was all worth the hassle. I have just dropped my heart in that place.


No comments: