a contemplation

The story I'm going to share here is quite personal but let's find there are some notes to learn in order to contemplate life.

Here, in the last months to stay, when I've done almost all the academic stuffs, when my final project done and started to write, this contemplation comes. I've been through a process,  a phase in life. My final project is about mountain, forest, and its dynamics. I have to walk for hours to reach my plot, I don't even need a GPS to guide or lead me home. This place turns to be the place I love the most, the place where I (and we) truly belong.


There are no disruption, distraction, confusion, all dissapear as the signal slowly go and I enjoyed it. I am not a person who's physically strong but I know how to enjoy every trip. When mother nature speaks, cold air, bad weather or even gale can't bring me down, they taught me how to appreciate life, to be grateful for all the blessings.


How the smell of trees, a sprawling bush, a petrichor after the rain, a clean sky, stars and moon within work together, build the atmosphere, indescribable feeling. Looks tiring for some people, why don't you just working in a lab or somewhere looks fun? no, it's not me. That is for some people, but not for me.


This isn't a first mountain, every place made a history, a story, but Papandayan has become a part of my journey. How every single thing related to it has given many lessons about time-management, respect, self-confidence, decision, courage, maturity and other things. I feel honed, physically and mentally.


"Do not complain", if one thing life has successfully taught me, it must be that.

The goal itself is not about graduation but how many things we can learn from time to time. It's not about to be graduated on time or late. It's about how things can make yourself unbreakable. It is not about leaving or being left, it is you making a decision, it is you create your own fate. It is not about perfection, it is how much you can learn perfectly. 

So as this contemplation comes, I deserve a contemplation of yours :)






2 comments:

Mirna Nadia said...

i love walking with you, pepe :)
thank you for the precious moment there.

ps:
the hot water near beautiful crater, and the yellow and green sulphure. total awesomeness.

Fetriza Rinaldy said...

It was, Minch. Thank you for ur kindness :D