#Travel: Paris is Just Paris



I have to say the only things I love about French-related are their tempting pâtisserie and The Little Prince, a poetic tale written by the French, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I had never been to neither Paris or France until I decided to go there last week. 

Yes, I have been living in Europe for 2,5 years now yet I was more interested to visit Scandinavia or Eastern Europe during my spare time. I have heard some girls who dreamed of kissing her partner under the Eiffel Tower. It sounds cute but I just don't understand why. In short, I just don't understand what makes Paris the most romantic city in the world.

Back in April, I got accepted to attend a conference in Paris but thanks to my chaotic master's thesis submission, I failed to meet the deadline of completing the documents needed to officially become a participant. So, I canceled all my plans and forgot it for a while. But then, when I was planning for the late-spring holiday to Spain, I said, why not give Paris a try? 

So we made a detour to Paris.

We started the romance of wandering down artsy streets where the fashion boutiques and cafés pile up. With just a quick look to those touristy attractions like Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, and Champs-Élysées, we continued to walk to Notre-Dame. The medieval cathedral was unquestionably beautiful, but right in the shadow of the cathedral, there sits a quirky English-bookshop which any bookworms will be almost certain to spend time turning the pages. It was more than happy for us to spend some time under those crooked bookshelves and take some of the books home. We continued to walk down the streets, after. Eiffel and Montmartre were our next destinations.

I enjoyed every single attraction in Paris, even the most touristy ones. But for me, the most beautiful thing I treasured was the moment to walk down slowly, to sit somewhere nice, and to have that deep conversation with the right one.

and I think what makes Paris is Paris itself.






Insincere smile.









No comments: