Freedom

I am writing this on a red-cushioned sofa, in the corner of a modern and comfortable public library in Jakarta. Wait, did I just mention Jakarta and 'comfortable'? The seemingly-inappropriate juxtaposition of words?
But yes. It is Jakarta and it is comfortable.

I take my vacation leave this week (yes, after that dizziness of field works, supervisions, office things, and such) and I have one day off in Jakarta before taking a flight. So I decided to go to this place, a public library called Freedom Library (Perpustakaan Freedom). I'm not going to give you any details/interiors/this and that about this place. You have to experience it yourself.

I found a Peter J. Schmitt's Back to Nature, a historical-non fiction book that once I've heard from my friend (historical book? yes, I am into it. I grabbed Soekarno and D.N Aidit books also for today LOOOL old :p)



and....here we go. I'm gaining my own definition of freedom in a place called Freedom.

No comments: