Universe


I had involved in an unexpected slash deep conversation between me and my old friend (actual conversation was in Indonesian, of course) after I told him several good news within this March.

A: So have you noticed something from your life?
B: What? You mean?
A: Have you recognized something by connecting events that have happened in your life?
A: Because I have. I mean, I've recognized something from your life. Not to say that I know you
    more than you know yourself or not to declare that I thoroughly know your life or anything about   
    you.
B: Tell me

__________________

I was surprised. The rest of the conversation was something unexpected yet very honest. I hadn't thought of that. It got me to the point that we tend to hate and forget bad events that have occurred in our life without trying to connect it with our previous or next. I found one interesting line from the concepts of socio-cultural system (yes, I googled around about this). Life is a pattern of regularity; unity consists of components or elements that are interconnected. Like a whole ecosystem, one depends on each other, although they seem to live independently. 

That is life, also. What has happened in our life (sometimes, unconsciously) might be a great force to our next, either it will be good or it will be bad. I remember what Steve Jobs said in his speech about 'connecting the dots'. Yes, it's true. But we have tendency to forget what has happened without even trying to connect the dots and so, we just create convoluted lines by making uncontrolled dots, resulting a tangled mind. 

That is called, universe.

I don't know but this is very fascinating. And yes, thank you, best friend! :)

No comments: