Postcards



If I were asked why I love sending postcards (just as much as receiving it), I would say it's my way to express to the the people I care about that I still think of them even if I'm just too far from where they are. I love the fact that postcards have to go miles, have to cross the sea if they need to, and that's the point of traveling itself. I've been into traveling since I was a teenager back then (like, 10 years ago? haha) and I'm gonna travel more for the rest of my life, aamin.

One interesting thing about living here in Europe is that I love to open the mailbox in my apartment (which is not the common thing to do in Indonesia). I love to see a tiny card among those bills, payment details, etc. I love the feeling of guessing where my next postcard will be from. 

I'm more into writing and used to write down everything I feel. And since writers, are a dying breed at the moment, I want 'writing' to be the thing that my children will inherit from me. I will keep these postcards for them so they know how much their mum loved to write and to travel back then.






No comments: