but moving on is never easy

Dear R & R,

It's been quite long time since the last time I wrote letters for you. I was pretty busy preparing every single thing, I was busy dealing with my own thoughts and deep feelings.

Darling,

Right when I was 3 or 4, my father taught me how to ride a bike. The 4-wheel bike is just a thing for me at that moment, I quickly mastered it and most importantly, I felt safe. I am steady though I'm not moving. Then everything started to scare me. My father took off the two wheels on the back, my source of ease. I wasn't ready yet I had to keep it moving, I fell off my bike.
Riding a bicycle is just one of the greatest metaphors for living life. That's why I am writing this, I want you, both of you, to keep moving as you'll need it for the sake of your balance. 

Darling,

I am still far away and I can't be a faultless role model for you. But I promise I'll be the one who share endless stories of mine before your bedtime, I'll be the one who watch you riding a bike for the very first time of your life, though moving on is never easy.

See you on the other side of the world.



Love,


Me,
Few days away before my departure.

No comments: